Nowadays, Many organizations prefer to conduct interviews online. Online interview methods are very cost effective and time consuming. Sometimes, job seekers may have difficulties in handling the video interview. They may feel a little nervous. Here are some ideas to get prepared for a video interview.
First impression is always the best impression. Make the most out of it by using your confidence and presence of mind as your valuable weapons
- During a video interview, it is essential to face the camera. It will create an impression that you are maintaining eye contact with the interviewer. Please avoid watching the computer screen.
- Before the interview, research about the organization and get prepared to answer the common interview questions. You can also practice how to deliver the answer for the interview question with your friends or relatives.
- Dress in professional attire. Avoid wearing bright colored dresses. Dress like how you would prepare for a personal interview. Your appearance creates the first impression. So it is essential to pay attention to your dressing manner.
- Check whether the microphones and webcam are properly working. Sometimes there may be problems with the devices.
- Make sure that you are the only person in the room. Keep your pets, dolls and objects that create distraction away. Switch off your mobile phones during the interview.
- Before the interview, you must know how to handle the online interview system. Some organizations may prefer their own system or third party provider. You must know in advance which online interview system is preferred by the company
- Make sure that the room has proper lighting facilities.
- During the interview, avoid using slang words. Don’t speak too fast. Answer the question confidently.