Python is a high-level programming language that is gaining great popularity in the software world. This language has grabbed a lot of attention in the past few years due to its vast applications in varied fields.
Well, no wonder it’s considered as one of the top ten high-level languages in the world.
There are several surveys conducted in the IT industry and most of these surveys including the one by IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers) reveal that Python is the most sought-after language among data scientists. Top job sites across the world have reported Python to be the most preferred choice of language for most of the renowned recruiters.
Here are a few applications of Python that suggest how beneficial it is to have knowledge of this hugely popular language.
- Linux admin compulsorily demands the knowledge and application of Python programming
- Python Programming is mandatory for automation testing professionals
- Python is applied in Database programming
- Python is utilised to develop Complex website and systems
- Game development also requires basic knowledge of this language
Google, Facebook, Bing, Microsoft, NASA are a few giants in the industry who make use of Python to code some of their indigenous applications. If that’s not enough, Python/Django is used in both, web-based as well as mobile-based applications, making a really versatile language for almost everything that is developed in the software field.
The IT industry today is seeking Python professionals to a great extent and most companies are willing to offer huge remuneration for worthy candidates. Having said this, it is a must that you know a little bit of Java along with Python to support your skillset and also to stand out in the crowd. Today, the competition in the IT industry is crazy and everyone seems to be in a rush to climb the ladder quickly. In such a rat race, how will you outsmart your peers and be successful? Yes, Python is one of the most effective ways to get your desired position and pay, but it must be borne in mind that you learn a language not just to earn well, but also to upgrade your skills and stay updated with market trends. Passion is what is lacking in today’s generation of IT professionals. Employees tend to crib about their job statuses and never seem to be satisfied with what they are doing. That attitude needs to change. Python is one such language that anyone in this field can learn and apply. There are so many projects that demand an employee to know how to write and run codes in Python that it is not difficult to find a job in this discipline. However, what matters the most is your passion and keen interest to learn and use this programming language to its optimum level.
Here are a few sites that can help you get familiar with Python and also allow you to get a hands on at this skill.
One of the greatest features of Python is its rich set of libraries.
We’ve listed a few of the most widely used libraries for you to get a little more acquainted with this rich language.
- NumPy: This is one of the most fundamental libraries in Python. As the nomenclature suggests, this set is used to perform basic and advanced mathematical and statistical functions for various applications. It also allows developers to define multidimensional arrays and matrices to perform complex mathematical operations.
- SciPy: This is an extension of the previous library. SciPy lets developers use high-level commands and algorithms to manipulate data. Operations involving differential equations and integration make good use of this library to solve problems.
- Requests: This is a very popular HTTP library that is used by every developer to code in Python. A very simple yet powerful library and a must-have for every one who intends to learn Python.
- Scrapy: Scrapy is named so, to justify this library’s actions of crawling the web just like a web spider and extracting relevant data including Contact details, Pricing information, URLs etc. An additional feature is that Scrapy can pull out data from APIs and this makes it one of the most useful libraries in Python.
- IPython: This library adds interactive interpreter features such as rich media, introspection, history, shell syntax etc. We can go on and on about this functionality, but we’ll let you explore this set more in detail.
- scikit-learn: This is an extension of NumPy and SciPy where additional algorithms are added to perform machine learning and data mining tasks very easily. A lot can be said about this library but the impact will be greater if you explore this set while applying your concepts in practicality.
- NLTK: This set of libraries is fabricated for Natural Language Processing (NLP). This functionality makes Python smart and intelligent and hence there is no reason why you should give this a miss.
- NetworkX: This is a feature that enables developers to create and design maps and graphs for several applications.
There are many more libraries in Python that could be applied to varied applications. We have just highlighted the more popular ones here to give you a sneak peek of what this language has to offer to enthusiasts like you.
It is said, do not run behind success, instead learn to become able, success will then run behind you! This is actually the secret behind winning the software rat race. Let the Python in you unleash its best abilities. We wish you all the best in your quest to find the most impeccable role for you.